Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Students obtain an interdisciplinary education, integrated with medicine, with access to training in dental specialties. Clinics managed at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the school promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health.
What You'll Do
Under general supervision, the Patient Registration Assistant II:
- provides excellent customer service;
- greets patients;
- inputs and/or verifies patient information;
- responds to patient inquiries, and schedules/confirms appointments.
The Patient Registration Assistant II may perform financial functions (collects payment, conducts daily batch reconciliation) and provides administrative support. Performs other related duties to assist in the management of the department.
What We're Looking For
- High School degree/equivalency and 1-3 years of job related experience
- This position also requires basic knowledge of dental and coding terminology
- Basic knowledge of dental/medical billing software and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of dental/medical billing software and Microsoft Office along with dental terminology
- Excellent communication skills and customer service focus while dealing with patients and other customers