Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Public Health and Health Professions, the Director of Marketing and External Relations is responsible for oversight of the school’s strategic marketing, communications, and outreach plans. In addition to developing the plan to align with the school’s overall goals and objectives, the position will advance the reputation and awareness of the school through various channels, including the school’s newsletter, brochures and email campaigns, and digital channels like social media and the web.
Specific responsibilities include
- Working closely with the Office of Student and Academic Affairs, as well as the Departments, develop and implement a strategic marketing plan for new and existing academic programs
- Serving as the "voice" of the Dean, providing a consistent tone and set of messages in all external relations activities and in the Dean’s internal communications
- A specific focus of this position will be enhance the school’s digital communications and outreach. This will include the website, social media, electronic messaging, etc.
- Collaborating closely with University Communications in its media relations efforts, the Office of Academic and Student Affairs in its recruitment efforts, and the Assistant Dean of Community Engagement to ensure consistency of message and performance against plan objectives.
- Serving as an advisor to the Dean and key administrators on issues related to marketing and communications for the school.
- Developing, writing and managing content across a range of channels.
- Participating in executive/Dean’s Office planning and in various committees appropriate to the position.
- Continuously measuring and evaluating strategic plan implementation for effectiveness and ROI.
The School of Public Health and Health Professions (SPHHP) at UB offers programs at every degree level and is the home to five departments; biostatistics, community health and health behavior, epidemiology and environmental health, exercise and nutrition sciences, and rehabilitation science. It is one of only a few schools across the country that includes health-related professions as an integral component of the public health educational and research system. Faculty and students engage in research and community activities designed to improve the health of populations, communities and individuals. The SPHHP is located on the South Campus of University at Buffalo. For more information about the school, visit www.sphhp.buffalo.edu.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Master’s degree or professional certification with 1 year of experience.
Five or more years of experience. Experience writing for public health and health professions is preferred.