Health and Wellness, within Student Life, is comprised of Counseling and Mental Health Services, Health Service, Health Promotion, and Center for Awareness, Resources, and Education. Health and Wellness (H&W) contributes to the educational mission of the university through promoting student wellbeing via clinical, educational, and consultative services. Serving a diverse student body of 8,000+ undergraduate and graduate students, H&W is committed to providing excellent care and support in a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally informed environment. We bring energy, expertise, and a collaborative approach to the provision of medical and mental health care and prevention services. We are active and visible throughout campus conducting training, outreach and liaison work, and serving as active members of Student Life.
This area has responsibility for health compliance, state and federal health requirements, health insurance, HIPAA and other privacy concerns, and risk management. Our combined staff is approximately 60 individuals with diverse medical, mental health and public health backgrounds, many of whom also have licensing requirements that must be maintained and updated.
What You'll Do
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter.
Under supervision of the Director of Administration and Operations, the Student Health Insurance Administrator is responsible for managing all aspects of the University’s Student Health Insurance Program, provides administrative support to students in our outpatient setting, functioning as the primary connector between the patient, the student health insurance company, university departments and external providers. The Student Health Insurance Administrator supports over 3500 students enrolled in the student health insurance as well as other students that might need assistance with understanding their medical bills or their insurance coverage. Primary responsibility of monitoring enrollment/disenrollment and administration of our student insurance program. The Student Health Insurance Administrator oversees the insurance waiver process for over 8,000 students annually as well as the Student Vision Insurance. Important strengths for this position are the ability to organize priorities, complete detail-oriented tasks, manage confidential patient information and other managed care related issues.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of closely related experience
- Exhibit strong negotiation skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operational focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain work priorities in an environment with multiple concurrent tasks and projects with attention to detail while meeting deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to be proactive and take initiative in day-to-day activities to implement process improvements.
- Respect confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Knowledge of computer skills necessary to use appropriate electronic medical record modules, as required.
- Good command of the English language, including medical terminology.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with various groups of patients, staff and providers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and function as a resource to other members of the team and resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy Policies.
- Masters degree
- Experience in higher education
- Health insurance administration and financial experience
- Experience with Medical Practice management software
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This is a hybrid position: this person will work from campus, from home, and from various locations while traveling on behalf of the university.
Minimum $57,900.00, Midpoint $72,450.00, Maximum $87,000.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.