Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
IT Acquisition Analyst is responsible for the management of technology purchases with an emphasis on hardware, software, and technology professional services. The role collaborates with the Technology/Business Partners to manage, prepare, and solve issues during the acquisition process as well as provide guidance with security & accessibility reviews. This key role is the liaison with Tufts Finance & Purchasing Departments and provides escalated support and customer service on behalf of the Technology/Business Partners.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years of experience in a professional environment.
- 7+ years of related professional experience in technology acquisition of hardware, software, and professional services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Must have advanced knowledge of spreadsheet preparation.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft and contract management software.
- Experience with technology vendors and an understanding of the acquisition/procurement of technology, hardware, software, and professional services.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently while prioritizing multiple tasks with demanding deadlines.
- Proven ability to carry out responsibilities under significant time pressures and with constant interruptions from others.
- Strong organizational skills to successfully manage, report, and coordinate technology acquisitions across the university.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills as well as continually following up and setting expectations with customers.
- Possess the ability to communicate both verbally and written as well as work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels across university.
- Ability to independently resolve issues; must have good business judgment and exercise sound judgment, negotiate effectively, prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Experience in higher education environment
- Experience in IT environment
Minimum $68,400.00, Midpoint $85,550.00, Maximum $102,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.