This position reports to the Post Office Manager. Assisting the post office staff with their responsibilities are student employees.
This position is accountable to accurately, efficiently, and correctly receive, sort, post and distribute US mail and interoffice mail for all University departments, and provide related customer service and clerical support necessary to ensure the effective operation of a branch of the United States Post Office in addition to handling packages from other carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, LaserShip, etc.
1. Effectively sort and distribute all incoming and interoffice mail for campus delivery, redirecting mail as appropriate, and ensure that all express mail or special packages are appropriately received and recorded, and that recipients receive prompt notification of mail/package arrival.
2. Effectively sort, bundle and process all US mail in accordance with US Postal regulations, and ensure all outgoing mail is appropriately metered and that accurate records are maintained on departmental recharges for outgoing mail.
3. Provide prompt, courteous service to all postal customers, assisting patrons with general questions on postal procedures/guidelines, cost saving techniques, and the sale of postal stamps, postal supplies, etc.
4. Effectively operate and maintain all postal related equipment, and accurately enter new or up-dated information on Bryant faculty, students and staff into the database to ensure mail will be delivered/forwarded to appropriate locations.
5. Performs related duties as assigned.
This position is best filled by an individual with strong interpersonal, organizational and math skills. The ability to enter information into a database and the ability to operate postal meters, scales and related mail processing equipment are required. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel are preferable.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.