Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Clinical Research Coordinator (9617C) 3121 - 3121
University of California Berkeley
- Screening, recruiting, and scheduling appointments with study participants based on study criteria; data management- compiling and resolving discrepancies; developing case report forms (study documents) with clinical investigators; corresponding with clinical sites, study sponsors, and regulatory agencies in regards to study information; assembling site instruction materials and study documents; compensate study participants composing update project status reports; creating and maintaining study binders for Quality Assurance; appointment reminders.
- Oversee internal initiated sponsored studies- designing and writing internal research protocols; collect research data points from human study participants, utilizing various ophthalmic equipment; prioritizing multiple study schedules to maximize subject enrollment and completion of study visits with the Principal Investigator; ongoing training and supervising of undergraduate-student assistants in daily office and study-related tasks.
- Scheduling undergraduate research-assistants; providing update reports to the Principal Investigator on internal study progress; literature searches; article submissions to research publications; track study expenditures and patient-based expenditures.
- Performs daily cleaning and routine maintenance of CRC offices and research rooms.
- May and will be required to perform other duties on an as-requested basis to support the needs of the CRC.
- Prior experience in recruiting and conducting interviews with patients or other sensitive populations.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in identifying problems and seeking advice and assistance.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and exercise good judgment, problem solve, prioritize workload, and be flexible.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an interest in an aptitude in working with staff who have varying levels of responsibility within the organizational structure at different clinical sites.
- Meticulous, well organized, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to work well in a team setting and meeting all deadlines as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
- Experience with verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience with voicemail and e-mail systems.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability.
- Ability to interact with culturally diverse research subjects and staff.
- Administrative support of clinical trials and recruiting subjects- Experience in administering questionnaires, scanning and merging data according to protocols, preparing study progressive reports.
- Have a strong understanding of research protocols, study design, and implementation.
- Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in a science or health-related field, or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Experience working in medical/clinical setting.
- Experience with data management and analysis.
- Genuine interest in optometry and clinical research.
- Experience with data management and analysis, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=3121&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |