Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Assistant V
University of San Francisco
Program Assistant V
The University of San Francisco seeks a highly motivated, team-work driven, flexible candidate who thrives in a dynamic culture to serve as a Program Assistant V (PA). Ideal candidates will have proven proficiency in the areas of director/executive level support, research, budget tracking, expense processing, proof reading and editing, and customer service. Additionally, this candidate should possess initiative, independent judgment and good decision-making to efficiently plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Administration, provides general and executive level administrative support to the Office of the Vice President and other development units. This position deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors and internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Primary support including but not limited to greeting and welcoming guests, processing expense reports, maintaining, organizing and stocking office and kitchen supply inventory, staffing events as needed, assisting with assigning loaner laptops and reserving conference space. This position manages the day-to-day administrative operations of the fast-paced Office of the Vice President, handling highly-sensitive, confidential communications, information and materials with the highest level of discretion.
Critical skills in support of this position include a superior customer service and teamwork orientation, great flexibility, professionalism, multi-tasking dexterity, and a friendly demeanor. In addition, independent judgment and resourcefulness are required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload and to recommend changes in office practices and procedures.
The University of San Francisco offers a diverse community and excellent benefits which at this time include on-site gym membership, 15 days of paid holiday leave, tuition remission after one year of service, a competitive health plan and more. The Office of Development support professional development for all staff and encourages each individual to participate in the many University wellness and growth opportunities.
Only applications with a resume and cover letter will be considered. In your cover letter, please include why you are interested in this role and how your current and/or previous experience has prepared you.
Full Job Description:
General Office Operation Support
- Manage desktop technology inventory and act as central contact for Division computer replacement process.
- Initiate and track facilities items including furniture orders and maintenance requests
- Initiate and track and manage installation of office hardware such as printers, conference TVs, etc.
- Manage shared calendars for reserving loaner laptops, conference lines and other office assets.
- Act as back-up to the Associate Director for office moves which includes gathering information, communicating to impacted parties and being a central point of contact for move planning and furniture acquisition
- Provide office operation support, which will include ordering supplies, maintaining stock, kitchen organization, ordering parking permits, troubleshooting office equipment, scheduling FedEx pick-ups, updating holiday and out-of-office calendars, ordering stationary and business cards, initiating and renewing subscriptions and sorting/delivering daily mail.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partner USF departments in support of Development operations including Business and Finance, Bon Appetit catering services, Events Management, Public Safety, Facilities Management, ITS, and others
- Manage sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- This position may supervise and train student interns, manage student worker schedules, and seating assignments.
Support and partner with the Sr. Director of Administration with operational tasks including:
- Processing expense reports, invoices and contracts for the VP office and other development units as needed as well as reviewing and routing expense reports on behalf of other members of the division to ensure compliance with internal and University spending policy
People Operations Support
- budget tracking of the VP Office budget and other unit budgets as needed; this includes developing understanding of VP budget to the extent that allows insight into budget savings opportunities if/where they exist
- Participate in and manage specific activities in support of onboarding new staff such as updating photo directories and phone rosters, communicating new staff information to the division, ordering computers and supplies for new work area, requesting access and training on behalf of new staff to University systems and space as necessary, updating division wide events calendaring, and other duties related to ensuring new staff are appropriately prepared to operate successfully
- Update and track professional development requests and activities for Division staff
- Initiate and track tasks related to staff separations
- Provide administrative support for special projects as needed
- Working closely with the VP Office administrative support team, provide general administrative support to the office of the Vice President as well as take ownership of special projects as assigned
- Greet visitors and answer phones in a professional and courteous manner; independently respond to inquiries for information and assistance (both internal and external).
- Maintain updated versions of rosters, directory listings, email distribution lists.
- Assist with donor research and materials production for mailings and meetings.
- Draft, proofread, copy, distribute, and file correspondence and communications as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of division-wide meetings and events, which includes managing room reservations, catering, AV set-up, calendaring, document preparation, document preparation, PowerPoint presentation preparation, other administrative details, and taking minutes when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work 7.5 hours daily, from 8:30-5pm with occasional weekends or evenings as needed.
- Ability to sit, stand, move equipment weighing up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to travel across campus to locations on lower campus and the hilltop to pick up and deliver items as needed.
- Post high school education preferred.
- Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate to expert level skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience processing expense reports with preference for candidates with some experience in budget tracking (Concur knowledge a plus).
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically communicate and interact with a diverse group of internal and external callers, visitors, and contacts at all levels, including members of the Board of Trustees and other VIP constituents.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment while handling many duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Strong telephone, email, written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding proofreading skills
- Previous higher education or Development experience is a plus
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-V_R0001578.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |