Tufts University Advancement seeks a staff assistant to join Tufts Annual Giving (TAG). With direct supervision and guidance, this position will support two leadership annual giving development officers and three volunteer managers with meeting coordination, database entry, complex report generation and special projects. This person will also interact frequently with colleagues across Tufts and will be an active contributor to a fast-paced and highly motivated team.
What You'll Do
TAG oversees the strategy, design, and implementation of a comprehensive annual fundraising program, with an emphasis on leadership annual giving, donor experience officer outreach, class-based reunion fundraising, and volunteer-driven engagement to increase donor counts.
TAG is responsible for the Tufts Fund for Arts, Sciences, and Engineering (Tufts Fund). The Tufts Fund is critical to the successful operation of the School of Arts and Sciences and School of Engineering at Tufts University as it currently raises more than $12 million dollars annually, with nearly 80% of that toward unrestricted budget-relieving purposes. Tufts Fund gifts support financial aid, faculty salaries, curriculum development, and student activities. Additionally, the Tufts Fund staff has a significant impact in strengthening the alumni giving participation rate, one of the statistics used by U.S. News & World Report when determining college rankings. The Tufts Fund is a critical entry point for young alumni participation, setting the stage for long term philanthropy, and is a resource for identifying future major gift prospects.
TAG provides strategic direction and support for annual giving staff university-wide, which includes the seven additional school-based annual fund programs that are run independently. Together, these programs raise an additional $10 million towards annual fund achievement at Tufts. To support these efforts, TAG administers central services including execution of university-wide direct mail and telefund efforts, management of university-wide giving initiatives, developing analyses and reporting tools, providing industry best-practices and benchmarking support and ensuring that as much of the programmatic work as possible is uniform across Tufts University.
TAG also manages a robust university-wide annual fund volunteer committee structure to reinforce Tufts' philosophy that annual fund gifts of any size are vital to the success of the public phase of Brighter World: The Campaign for Tufts.
What We're Looking For
- Typically requires a high school diploma/GED and 2-4 years of administrative experience OR college degree with 1-3 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including word processing, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Administrative or office support experience
- Familiarity with a complex donor database or customer relationship management (CRM) system and fundraising/development in a nonprofit setting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion is required as this position will handle projects and communication related to donors, university administration, and students, as well as colleagues in various departments on campus.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.