Performs routine and/or standardized duties associated with secretarial, receptionist or clerical work and providing general office or program assistance. Duties will vary according to area of assignment, which may include a school site, District office or special program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Serves as receptionist to a department, school site, or function. Greets visitors, staff or students in person or over the telephone, and provides standard information related to area of assignment. Answers incoming phone lines and routes calls.
* Types (keyboards) routine letters, memoranda, reports, work orders, requisitions or other materials from straight copy, rough drafts or verbal instructions.
* Maintains records and alphanumeric files of documents processed for ready access. Ensures the timely distribution and receipt of a variety of records and documents.
* Reviews, prepares, and enters information from documents into data entry screens to databases that have established formats and limited access.
* Assists others to assemble and organize materials for distribution such as, but not limited to, registration packets, schedules, correspondence, and newsletters.
* May receive and process private student information. Maintains security and privacy of information processed or received during the course of performing assigned duties.
* May assist with setup of programs, workshops, and meetings. This includes assembling files and learning materials.
* Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail. Composes routine correspondence.
* Serves as a point-of-sale cashier accepting money on account or cash. May learn and assist with end-of-day procedures such as compilation of daily receipts and counts.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.