OERD staff members serving as program directors are professionals who conduct the division’s multitude of outreach and engagement activities in formal and informal educational environments across the region. They focus on program delivery, operating independently with minimal supervision. The NIU STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) Director leads all STEM and STEAM-based programming for the P-20 Center.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Lead Teams, Supervise Staff, Generate Revenue, Develop Partnerships, Assess and Evaluate
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Bachelors Degree in a STEM field
2. Doctorate required in Instructional Tech, Design, Research and/or Assessment.
3. Five (5) years STEM/STEAM program development, instructional design, delivery and evaluation
4. Three (3) years’ experience as faculty in postsecondary credit-bearing courses
5. Demonstrated professional work experience as Principal Investigator in grants and/or contracts
6. NIU Graduate Faculty Scholar Status
Education and Experience Preferred
Proven, established, extensive Network of clients in Illinois schools and state agencies
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Critical to Performance of this Position
- Demonstrable skills in managing grants and contracts including working with funders, teams and producing deliverables on time and within budget.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to lead teams, producing results within deadlines and within budget.
- Ability to maintain an organized work implementation schedule, focusing on results
- Commitment to advancement of NIU’s engagement mission
Working Hours M-F, nights and weekends