The Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes Institute (AMMPI) at the University of North Texas has been established as an Institute of Research Excellence. This is in recognition of the university’s strong and growing materials science program, which is part of UNT’s fast-growing College of Engineering. The institute will support the university on its path toward national prominence.
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes Institute, AMMPI, is a research institute which is focused to test, develop and process next-generation structural materials via rapid combinatorial assessment and advanced processing technologies.
Maintains, modifies, calibrates and performs preventative maintenance on AMMPI lab equipment. Learns equipment uses, performs sample runs and reports to requester (internal or external customers). Determines and documents procedures. Helps to maintain and determine service center rates.
Additional Posting Details
Associate’s Degree in related field and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of related tools, equipment, materials, and other devices.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings, charts and designs.
- Ability to work from ideas and to draw own sketches and designs.
- Ability to make varied mathematical computations involved in designing and constructing apparatus and equipment.
- Skill in the care and use of tools and equipment.
- Ability to design, trouble-shoot and maintain complex equipment.
- Ability to operate standard tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.