Posting Detail Information
The Financial Aid Office and the Office of Admissions are seeking an Enrollment Services Advisor to represent the university and best serve prospective and current students in a dual capacity. The professional staff member will counsel prospective students and their families concerning UB admissions policies and procedures, academic programs along with available financial aid programs.
- You will participate in extensive recruitment travel to represent the university and its programs at in-state and out-of-state recruitment events, including high school and college visits, college fairs, visits to schools and community-based organizations, receptions, interviews, information sessions, and group presentations.
- Actively manage assigned territories and assist in data analysis to measure effectiveness.
- Build and cultivate key relationships and partnerships with constituents, such as; secondary school communities, community-based organizations, alumni, and professional organizations.
- Participate in all aspects of large on-campus and off-campus recruitment and yield events.
- Provide in person consultations and actively participate in on-campus recruitment events, including the Visit UB program and campus group presentations.
- Be part of the multicultural team to support the University’s mission of building an academically excellent and diverse educational community.
- Assist with all phases of application processing: file review, monitoring files for completeness, data entry and fielding questions from applicants.
- Review applications and make admissions decisions.
- You will assist the Office of Financial Aid with financial aid counseling activities.
- You will be required to interpret and retain federal and state regulations to maintain compliance and will counsel students/parents on a variety of available aid programs.
- Interact with other student service departments and other business offices to facilitate the student financial aid eligibility process.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the professional obligation.
Extensive regional travel to recruit students via attendance at organized recruitment events or visits to schools, including evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs for this position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Master’s Degree , Experience within a higher education setting is preferred.
Multi-lingual ability: Spanish/Chinese