Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Mechanical Engineer, Design and Construction
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University Facilities Design and Construction Department
seeks a meticulous and visionary Mechanical Engineer
to serve as part of a growing internal design team. This group collaborates daily to ensure the safe, efficient, and sustainable design of multiple major construction projects simultaneously, while assuring the unrestricted pursuit of the University’s overall mission as a flagship SUNY
research institution. In this engineering role, ongoing responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of contract documents including drawings and specifications, support of ongoing project needs throughout construction, and active participation in the occupation of finished spaces and related systems.
- Collaboration with external design consultants hired to prepare contract documents from concept to closeout.
- Interface with outside agencies including SUCF, SUNY OCF, NYS Division of Standards and Codes, National Grid, National Fuel, NYPA, NYSERDA, and relevant vendors to coordinate construction.
- Serve as a peer reviewer of mechanical engineering scope in ongoing design reviews for both internally and externally designed UB projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert of mechanical engineering for the University to support ongoing operations, sustainability efforts, and educational needs.
- Provide emergency engineering technical support to Facilities Operation as issues arise.
- Present to clients and administrators the technical aspects of a design. Candidate will have to prepare presentation at the appropriate technical level.
- Candidate must have excellent written communication skills.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- New York State registration as a professional engineer with expertise in mechanical engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or related degree with three years of experience in a design role. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |