Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Executive Assistant (7384U) - 27353 - 1172
University of California, Berkeley
Executive Assistant (7384U) - 27353 - 1172
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 8, 2019
Summer Sessions, Study Abroad & Lifelong Learning (SSALL) is a vibrant and dynamic organization that enables more than 15,000 visiting, UC and potential Cal students; parents, faculty, academic units, international business partners, and central campus service providers participate in providing more than 600 summer courses, study abroad experiences, global internships, and year-around program or courses, lectures, special events and interest circles for older adults.
SSALL is committed to offering quality, innovative learning experiences through open enrollment to a diverse audience of world-wide learners, while supporting the campus missions and commitments to its stakeholders.
- Oversees and ensures the daily administrative operations run smoothly for the Dean's office; manages calendars for Dean, Director of Study Abroad, Chief Administrative Officer and Assistant Director of Summer Sessions.
- Assists with general office management.
- Forwards situations and issues presented by staff, faculty and external constituents to appropriate staff members for resolution.
- Participates in the development and implementation of efficient and effective systems for managing information, projects and communications to ensure accurate and timely responses.
- Implements related business processes.
- Functions as the gatekeeper, understanding the requirements of the executive, in order to prioritize issues according to urgency and to allocate time for scheduled events, travel and meetings.
- Manages the details and logistics for all internal and external constituent relations, including managing the itinerary of international guests or major donors; provides support in department's procurement process; analyzes procurement policy and practice, especially in office supply purchases, in support of the division and its three locations on and off campus.
- Makes high level contacts of a sensitive nature, internally and externally requiring discretion and diplomacy.
- Handles the details of a variety of matters on behalf of the executive.
- Responds to inquiries from faculty, staff, students and the public on behalf of the executive regarding campus operations, policies and procedures.
- Researches, compiles and summarizes issues, policies, and topics, provides background information, talking points and briefing materials for Dean, Director, Chief Administrative Officer; prepares responses to urgent divisional requests and inquiries from faculty, staff, students and public on behalf of Dean, Director and Chief Administrative Officer.
- Keeps updated on the University's travel and entertainment reimbursement policies and processes all reimbursement requests from Dean, Director, and Chief Administrative Officer according to the University policies.
- Organizes adhoc committees appointed by the executive on a broad range of issues; schedules and manages the program of unit-wide staff meetings and training's; collaborates with the committees for staff development and activities; participates in the development and implementation of efficient and effective systems for managing information, projects and communication.
- Prepares confidential reports for senior staff, system-wide and other officials.
- Prepares responses to urgent divisional requests on behalf of the Dean, Director of Study Abroad, Chief Administrative Officer and Assistant Director of Summer Sessions; investigates issues and problems; drafts and prepares response to urgent requests; forwards situations and issues presented by staff, faculty and external constituents to appropriate staff members for resolution.
- Researches, compiles and summarizes issues, policies and topics; provides background information, talking points and briefing materials for Dean, Director of Study Abroad, Chief Administrative Office and Assistant Director of Summer Sessions.
- Familiarity with campus processes, protocols and procedures, or ability to learn. Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
- Thorough knowledge of common computer application programs. Analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of staff.
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies; both verbally and in writing.
- Strong skills in analyses and complex problem-solving.
- Advising and counseling skills.
- Ability to multi-task with demanding time-frames.
- Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $50,100.00 - $76,300.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: \
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1172&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |