Temp Help Desk Technician
SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District is currently recruiting a Help Desk Technician. This is a temporary assignment through 10/31/2022 with the possibility of extension. Hourly pay is $30.26. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM. Position will be located at District Office, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific to Position:
Under the direction of the Helpdesk and Reprographics Supervisor, perform a variety of technical and skilled tasks in the Help Desk operation; respond to and assist in the diagnosis of problems through interactions with users including problem recognition, research, documentation, troubleshooting and resolution of problems
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Principles of technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
2. Principles of networking and computer functionality.
3. Computer hardware systems, printers, software applications such as Microsoft used in college operations.
4. Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and control of remote computers.
5. Principles of training, support, and services to end-users.
6. Principles of customer service.
7. Principles of providing guidance to others.
1. Operate computer systems and related peripheral equipment.
2. Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
3. Respond to inquiries in a courteous, tactful manner.
4. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
5. Work together in a team environment.
6. Multitask, prioritize and meet task timelines.
7. Work with attention to detail and independently with minimum supervision.
Education and Experience:
1. Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. Two years of experience increasingly responsible experience performing help desk operation function or related activities.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the individuals we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
Interested applicants should apply to our Classified Short-Term Temporary Hourly Applicant Pool @ http://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1774
For consideration, please submit a District application, cover letter, resume and copy of your transcripts by Friday, July 8, 2021 at 5:00 PM