The School of Public Health and Health Professions (SPHHP) is seeking a Senior Academic Advisor to provide academic advising and supervision of the academic advising staff in the Office of Academic and Student Affairs.
Advising responsibilities include:
- Assisting undergraduate students in academic planning related to the students’ abilities and interests.
- Conveying and interpreting academic rules and regulations, academic prerequisites, programs, majors and courses of study.
- Working directly with faculty and other staff members to enhance the advisement process.
- Referring students to related offices (psychological counseling, career planning, etc.) as appropriate.
- Advising students and faculty as needed regarding student grievance procedures, and advise students under university disciplinary actions.
Responsibilities related to student recruitment include:
- Coordinating SPHHP’s undergraduate participation in UB recruitment events.
- Supervising and training staff in the main office.
The School of Public Health and Health Professions (SPHHP) at UB offers programs at every degree level and is the home to five departments; biostatistics, community health and health behavior, epidemiology and environmental health, exercise and nutrition sciences, and rehabilitation science. It is one of only a few schools across the country that includes health-related professions as an integral component of the public health educational and research system. Faculty and students engage in research and community activities designed to improve the health of populations, communities and individuals. The SPHHP is located on the South Campus of University at Buffalo. For more information about the school, visit www.sphhp.buffalo.edu.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A Master’s Degree with 1 year of experience.
5+ years of experience advising health sciences students.
Experience advising students and/or developing curricular plans in public health and health professions is preferred.