Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Resource Sharing Team Lead
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Resource Sharing Team Lead
Access Services & Outreach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Access Services and Outreach Associate, Resource Sharing Team Lead is responsible for overseeing daily operations of interlibrary loan and document delivery services (ILL), accurate maintenance of records, and final disposition of materials; assists at the Information Desk in ensuring high quality services for patrons; and oversees faculty and online student resource delivery services. This position works under minimal supervision and is responsible for training and guiding others, which requires acting in a team lead capacity.
- Oversees daily operations of inter-library loan and document delivery services, using resource-sharing techniques to provide exceptional customer service and efficient delivery services.
- Provides leadership in planning, prioritizing and organizing resource sharing in response to established goals and priorities.
- Assists in complex service interactions regarding inter-library loan when needed; resolves material or service problems, clarifies patron concerns, explains the appropriate solution and follows up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Collaborates and exchanges information with the Collection Assessment and Development Librarian regarding patron resource sharing requests regarding purchasing materials for the library's collections.
- Responsible for assessing fines, fees, and issuing invoices regarding inter-library loan patrons' accounts, including but not limited to: billing for lost items, placing patrons', and other library's accounts on hold and tracking late returns of items.
- Assists library patrons at the information desk by providing customer service, facilitating access to library resources, and providing directions.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of all functions of the library's circulation module; participates in departmental processes as appropriate.
- Communicates with staff of libraries around the world with respect to reciprocal and other lending agreements.
- Monitors and reconciles UPS and other courier statements as well as upgrading and troubleshooting the system when needed.
- Collaborates in supporting the daily workflow of the inter-library loan student assistants with the Access Services Student Coordinator.
- Provides information to library users and assists with gathering information to ensure the delivery of requested materials.
- Monitors document delivery budget and inter-library loan lending billing and provides information for the annual report to the head of the Access Services and Outreach Department.
- Prepares statistical reports on inter-library loan and document delivery services, materials requested from storage, shipping and faculty and online student delivery services.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policy, procedural and/or technological improvements, including maintaining documentation for staff and student workers.
- Monitors Hold shelf, which includes inter-library loan items, on-campus retrievals and projects; notifies patrons of their available requested items and returns items to proper locations in an appropriate amount of time.
- Participates in library committees both on and off campus.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- General knowledge of library collection organization and classification scheme and ability to interpret bibliographic records.
- Understands and is responsible for applying copyright law, principles and guidelines when requesting resources from other libraries or providing resources to other libraries.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience with automated library system, such as ALMA.
- Experience with resource sharing systems, such as ILLiad
- Minimum of 3 years related library experience; 3-5 years preferred
- Supervisory experience with student employees desirable
- Organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Resource-Sharing-Team-Lead_R0000594
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |