This position has a schedule of Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 4:30pm at one work location. This is considered an essential employee.
The Department of Facilities Services is responsible for the efficient and cost effective operations, maintenance and management of all Tufts University facilities consisting of approximately 5 million square feet of space on three campuses (Somerville/Medford, Grafton, and Boston).
A broad range of services are provided to support the University campuses including: facility maintenance by all trades, capital maintenance, information technology systems for operations (work control, time capture, preventative maintenance), energy and utilities systems, recycling and waste management, event services, residential facilities coordination, grounds maintenance and facility condition assessment and tracking. Facilities Services plays a critical role in planning for the $30M/year deferred maintenance investment.
Related functions, which require close coordination with this department, are public and environmental health and safety, planning, design and construction of capital and deferred maintenance projects including major repairs, renovation and new construction.
What You'll Do
Reporting to facilities management the Locksmith position requires experience and knowledge in the maintenance, repair and installation of locks and doors, preventive maintenance on locks, keyways, door closers and hinges and controlling the issuance of keys.
- This position performs similar or related duties as required.
- This position is considered essential as defined in the Tufts University Employee Handbook.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of eight (8) years of current full-time experience with emphasis on Best hardware or Best compatible hardware
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license.
- Mechanical proficiency and use of small power and hand tools is required
- Must be conscientious, adaptable and have the ability to communicate and work respectfully with co-employees, students, faculty and staff
- Experience with computers for creating Word documents, updating work status in facilities related systems and use of e-mail for timely and professional communication and correspondence
- Capability with the use desktops, laptops, iPads or other devices
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Solid time management skills including the ability to multi-task, tactfully deal with unforeseen challenges and people and work well in a team setting with other technicians and trades professionals
- The ability to read, write and comprehend the English language is required.
Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs and physically meet the requirements of the position job duties
- Required to work indoors and outdoors and during inclement weather year round
- Experience in the use Maximo CMMS system
- Class D electrical license for the capability to work on electrical strikes and access control.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Flexibility in work schedule required due to campus related emergencies, events occurring nights and weekends and special events such as matriculation and commencement.
Join Tufts University today to take advantage of our wonderful benefits package. In addition to various health, dental, and vision plans, employees enjoy generous time off, tuition remission, retirement plans with strong contributions, life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits, and many other perks and discounts!
The pay rate for this position is $44.58 / hour.