Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Veterinary Assistant - ECC
The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. In addition, the hospital creates a positive learning experience for TCSVM students and student technicians regarding small animal medicine.
What You'll Do
The Veterinary Assistant collaborates with clinicians, residents, interns, technicians, and students to provide exceptional patient care and client service in the Small Animal Hospital. The Veterinary Assistant also serves as a clinical liaison to provide clients with status updates and to address any questions they may have.
- Assist clinicians, students and technicians with restraint, care, and treatment of patients. Anticipate the clinician’s needs regarding treatments, restraint, supplies and instruments.
- Provide professional and courteous service to ensure that the highest levels of client satisfaction and patient treatment are always maintained.
- Coordinate patient flow within and between services to expedite each patient’s visit.
- Draw blood samples as ordered. Process in-house lab work as directed by a licensed veterinarian.
- Assist with medical record documentation
- Assist with providing basic animal husbandry and hygiene.
- Serve as a contact for designated service to address clients’ clinical questions and concerns. Solicit information from clinician/technician as necessary.
- Assess and address the needs of clients waiting in reception. Keep clients informed of wait times.
- Facilitate the flow of clients for patient visits.
- Greet and escort clients to and from inpatient department
- Maintain cleanliness of the inpatient department. Sweep and mop as needed.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies including equipment and medications.
- Blood Bank duties: scheduling donations, processing units, organizing paperwork; ordering supplies/blood products.
- Participate in Departmental and Hospital-wide initiatives as required.
Schedule is subject to changem but seeking current coverage for a Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6am-6pm shift.
What We're Looking For
- High school diploma (or the equivalent) and at least one year of related experience.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, veterinary pharmacology, and animal behavior.
- Ability to restrain small animals in a safe, compassionate manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with co-workers, clinicians, students, staff, and clients.
- Enthusiastic, genuine, empathetic, and self-motivated professional with a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Pride in and commitment to maintaining hospital floor and front lobby areas.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to learn the electronic medical record system.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Successful completion of a NAVTA-approved Veterinary Assistant Program
- Credentialed as a Certified Veterinary Assistant
- One or more years’ experience as a Veterinary Assistant in a veterinary hospital
- Exotic animal handling skills. Exotic animals include birds, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, rodents, special small mammals (such as chinchillas or hedgehogs), reptiles, and amphibians.
Minimum $18.35, Midpoint $21.43, Maximum $24.50
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |