Ticket Operations Intern (5171U) 1907 - 1907
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 15, 2019
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Ticket Operations Intern who will work within the department's Ticket Operations unit.
Work directly with the Director of Ticket Operations to assist in all aspects of the Cal Athletic Ticket Office day-to-day operations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in day-to-day activities in the ticket office: mailing tickets, customer service on the phone and at the window, assist in supervising student workers, answering emails.
- Use of Paciolan will include: processing mail, fax, and window orders, on-line ticketing, ticket reconciliations, data entry and complimentary tickets.
- The candidate will work Football and Men's Basketball games as assigned.
- Primary sport responsibilities are Women's Soccer, Women's Gymnastics and Men's Water Polo
- This position will work with Facilities, Marketing, Events Management, and other units within the Athletic Department to coordinate game days.
- Light cleaning/lifting and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required or equivalent training/experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced customer service environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience handling and reconciling cash
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Previous experience in a ticket office and working knowledge of Paciolan ticketing systems
- Master's Degree or internship credit required for a degree
- Familiarity with NCAA and PAC-12 Conference regulations and procedures
This is a 1 year contract position
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1907&PostingSeq=1