Manages and attends campus events. Develops event planning and implementation timelines; establishes and maintains event standards, goals, guidelines and priorities.
Initiates post event debriefings and assessments; makes recommendations for future changes as a result of assessments. Stays abreast of trends in event planning relative to the University environment.
Assists with the budgeting process, including the annual campus events budget development process and the ongoing monitoring of the events budget throughout the academic year.
The ideal candidate for this role should have detailed organizational skills, great leadership qualities, excellent multi-tasking skills, superb interpersonal skills, and be creative. The exceptional Event Specialist should deliver an extraordinary brand experience for our end-user, reinforce client-to-business relations, enhance our organization’s image, and deliver events that meet objectives and exceed expectations.
Event Specialist Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing the special events calendar
- Developing event concepts
- Managing event budgets
- Site selection
- Coordinating logistical elements
- Organizing marketing material
- Processing payments and invoices
- Engaging with vendors and arranging security
- Liaising with speakers and preparing speaking notes
- Post-event reporting
Event Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in Hospitality, Public Relations, or Marketing
- Strong technical knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Multi-tasker with strong work ethic
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Expert communication skills