The Central Procurement Department is responsible for supplier selection, contract negotiations, vendor management, and requisition to purchase order review and approval at Tufts University.
What You'll Do
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for supporting stakeholders in the supplier selection, contract review and negotiation, and strategic vendor management across a broad range of sub-categories, including but not limited to: Capital Projects (Construction) and Facilities Management (MRO supplies, Custodial, Groundskeeping, Security, Bus Transportation, Utilities, Fleet, etc.); IT and Professional Services (HR, Marketing, Travel, Finance, Legal, etc.); Research and Academic Services (Research Consultants, Scientific & Lab Equipment and Supplies, Library, Print, etc).
What We're Looking For
• The ideal candidate will be an influencer with strong analytical, project management, and negotiations skills.
• Must have at least 7 to 10 years relevant experience/expertise in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, vendor management in one or more spend categories, with a track record in creating value (cost, service, innovation).
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, operations, or supply chain management.
• Expertise in review, editing, and negotiation of contract language (terms and conditions) both commercial and legal is essential.
• Ability to understand business drivers, develop knowledge of supplier markets and bring solutions that meet stakeholders’ requirements.
• Able to draw and communicate insights from quantitative and qualitative data
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to negotiate with suppliers as well as influence internal stakeholders regarding the benefits associated with sourcing decisions
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• Proficient in ERP and procurement tools, systems, and processes – including eRequisitions, Spend Analysis, sourcing (RFX and eAuctions), Contracts, and eCatalogs
• Advanced user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Manage high visibility projects with minimal oversight
• Highly motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, excellent prioritization, cross functional player
• Team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
• Master’s in Business Administration or JD in business law is a plus.
• Six sigma or Certified Program management or equivalent process expertise preferred
• Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M). preferred.
• Category specific certification (example, LEEDs or energy purchasing, IT).