Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Human Resources Associate (Job S#101)
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Human Resources Associate will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Direct visitors and respond to customer inquiries in a polite and timely manner
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Check and determine the appropriate action for emails received in the HR email account daily
- Serve as the backup HR team member for processing background checks
- Coordinate and maintain the daily transactional operations which includes tracking Personnel Action Forms (PAF), job requisitions, consultant agreement forms, distributing mail, directing correspondences, and assisting with completion of employment applications
- Prepare, maintain, and process personnel paperwork and purchase order requisitions in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain personnel files and HRIS database for tracking/reporting the status of current and former employees.
- Assist in maintaining the calendar of the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) (scheduling, appointment management, etc.)
- Assist the CHRO in budget fiscal management including maintaining records of requisitions, purchase orders, tracking project budget expenses, check requests, procurement and maintenance of office supplies
- Complete employment verification requests
- Serve as the primary HR team member for I-9, E-verify, and ALDOL verifications
- Create and maintain a tracking system for probationary employees. Ensuring that supervisors receive the necessary form to complete for tracking the employee’s performance.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Office of Human Resources
- Assist in the preparations for meetings including campus wide trainings, committee meetings for CHRO, strategic partner site visits and internal/external related meetings
- Record and prepare minutes for the Office of Human Resources meetings and other committee meetings as assigned
- Assist in the preparation of the Office of Human Resources brochures, bulletins, recruitment/benefit packets and webpage
- Assist with conducting new hire orientations
- Assist with the development of new hire training material
- Contribute to ongoing recruiting efforts as needed
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all Human Resources related information
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Contributes to the success of the Office of Human Resources by performing other duties as assigned and assisting in other Human Resource areas as needed
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree or higher degree is preferred
- One to three years of related work experience required
- Experience in office management procedures and basic office skills
- Working knowledge of computers, multi-line phones, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe; knowledge of HRIS database is preferred
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (such as fax machine, copier)
- Must have proficient writing and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be courteous and professional to all staff, faculty, vendors, visitors, alumni and students who interact with the Office of Human Resources
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verification on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |