The Center for Black Maternal Health and Reproductive Justice (CBMHRJ) was developed as an extension of the MOTHER Lab. The vision and rationale of the CBMHRJ is to protect the Black birthing experience by advocating for quality, equitable, and respectful care in childbirth. The center seeks to create a world where Black women can safely, efficiently, and comfortably receive equitable access to healthcare services without having to navigate through racism and/or discrimination in medical settings. The CBMHRJ envisions that the interdisciplinary research center will be integrated with faculty from all Tufts schools. The main goal of the center is to foster maternal health research at Tufts University School of Medicine, with a particular focus on improving the health of Black birthing persons and their babies by reducing maternal health disparities.
What You'll Do
The mission of the CBMHRJ is to foster academic and community-engaged research in support of the center’s goals to conduct maternal health research with a focus on Black maternal health and eliminating inequities.
The main goal of the center is to foster maternal health research at Tufts University School of Medicine, with a particular focus on improving the health of Black birthing persons and their babies by reducing maternal health disparities.
The Administrative Coordinator provides advanced administrative support and communications for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience in public health or similar social science
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to time manage and self-manage
- Provides advanced administrative support and oversees office operations
- Schedules appointments and maintains Center’s calendar
- Assists in managing Director’s calendar and speaking engagements (travel and communication with clients)
- Serves as primary department contact for clients and vendors
- Administrative support for Center Programs , Project Coordination and/or Grant applications
- May process employment actions including hire, separation, and change transactions
- Oversees and evaluates office automation and information technology needs
- Makes all Center related Purchases when necessary
- Works with Center Manager to handle Center’s financials (department budget and/or grant, and other administrative financial related matters)
- Plans and coordinates Meetings or Special Events as needed
What We're Looking For
- Master’s degree and experience in public health
- Passion or interest in maternal and child health, health equity, and reproductive justice education
Minimum $25.80, Midpoint $30.95, Maximum $36.10
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.