If you are an animal lover and are passionate about their well-being, we welcome your consideration and exploration of joining our team! We are currently hiring at Tuft’s Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in Grafton. If you are seeking a position which recognizes growth, learning, and values your contributions – you have found it. If you strive for excellence in everything you do and thrive in an inclusive and innovative environment, you belong at Tufts. Our outstanding benefits included Medical/ Dental/ Vision, Retirement Options, Generous Paid Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, CE Allowance, and Pet Care Benefits for both full-time and part-time positions.
We are currently hiring for a veterinary technician to be an intrinsic member of our ER/ICU team who will be dual trained by the anesthesia service to induce and monitor general anesthesia for animals requiring emergency surgery during their shift. These services have over 30 years of experience in training team members to provide critical patient care and anesthesia.
We are looking to add a team member who will participate in emergency and critical care nursing and be designated to transition to the OR when needed. Mentorship from both the anesthesia team and the critical care team will be provided. For informal inquiry or additional questions please feel free to email email@example.com. To apply online visit www.tufts.edu.careers
What You'll Do
As a technician on this emergency team, you will be working as part of an integrated clinical care team to provide high quality nursing care to inpatient, outpatient, critically ill and emergent patients.
In addition, this role is also responsible for instrumenting and monitoring patients undergoing general anesthesia for emergency surgery during the designated shift.
This position qualifies for a $2,000 sign on bonus following successful completion of 6 months of employment for newly hired employees.
What We're Looking For
- High emotional intelligence
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Engaged learner; Highly motivated to improve your knowledge base and skill set.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary technology or a high school diploma (or the equivalent). Minimum two year of veterinary technician experience
- CVT or minimum of 2-3 years working as a veterinary technician not as a CVT
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
Preferred Qualifications :
- Basic skill set in IV catheter placement, animal handling and restraint, phlebotomy
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to receive work direction from others and function as a team member
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Interest to learn advanced anesthesia practices/protocols/patient assessment