Nursing Short Term Hourly (Temporary)
Depends on Qualifications
8/1/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Simulation Laboratory Information Technology Support is to assist in the Simulation Laboratory in the day-to-day operations that includes troubleshooting malfunctions in low to high fidelity medical simulation training equipment. Integrates, maintains, and operates the simulation computer and audio/video technology including the mannequins and surrounding equipment. Assists in the development and programming of medical simulation training sessions. Performs routine maintenance on simulation equipment according to the manufacturers' recommendations.
Physical Requirement/ Demands:
1. Will be physically active throughout the shift
2. Requires ability to bend, squat, reach, kneel, sit, stand, and walk.
3. Employee will need to lift, push, pull, and place heavy weighted items, with assistance, onto shelves, beds, and gurneys
4. Use of correct ergonomic techniques for lifting heavy equipment to prevent injury
Conditions of Employment:
These positions are temporary short-term, not to exceed 25 hours/week, 950 hours/year, and 175 days/year. Assignments are based on District needs.
The hours are: :
Predominantly 7:00 am - 11:00 am three days a week on scheduled SIM days; some variance will occur throughout the semester. 4 additional hours a week flexible per department needs. Total of 16 hours/week.
Individual who is offered employment shall be required to obtain fingerprints for a criminal history clearance through the State Department of Justice, produce an original social security card, and submit negative TB test results (must be within the past four years or within the last 60 days if not previously employed in a school district in California) before employment.
Effective January 3, 2022, Board Policy 2905 will require mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations. Through December 31, 2021, the District requires all employees to submit either proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, or regular negative COVID-19 testing results. Full policy details can be found on the website; Cerritos College - Chapter 2 - Board of Trustees
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and signing of loyalty oath per Government Codes 3100-310
Education and Experience
1. Requires an Associate Degree
2. Work experience in Information Technology
3. Proficiency in Microsoft software applications, internet, and databases
4. Strong general computer skills in operational systems
5. Knowledge of the features and capabilities of basic multimedia equipment, including recording equipment and operating video
6. Excellent attention to details
7. Strong ability to work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and campus community
8. Exercise good judgment and be self-directed, self-paced, and collaborative with faculty, staff and students.
Bachelor's Degree in Informational Technology and/or Computer Science
2. Knowledge of medical simulation / technology terminology
3. Knowledge of medical terminology
4. 1 year experience in simulation operation/education/training, preferably with human patient simulator platforms
5. Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist certification is preferred and required within the first year of employment.
Cerritos College is ranked 14th among the top 100 schools with the highest Hispanic enrollment in the United States by the United States Department of Education. Cerritos College serves as a comprehensive community college for southeastern Los Angeles County. Communities within the college's district include Artesia, Bellflower, Cerritos, Downey, Hawaiian Gardens, La Mirada, Norwalk, and portions of Bell Gardens, Lakewood, Long Beach, Santa Fe Springs, and South Gate. Cerritos College offers degrees and certificates in more than 180 areas of study in nine divisions. Enrollment currently averages 22,500 students. Visit Cerritos College online at http://www.cerritos.edu
The Simulation Laboratory is overseen by the nursing program in the Health Occupations Division. The Division is made up of nine programs: Culinary Arts, Child Development, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Medical Assisting, Nursing (ADN), Pharmacy Technology, Physical Therapist Assistant and Speech Language Pathology Assistant. The Division also oversees the operations of the Child Development Center which acts as a laboratory setting for the Child Development program. The Simulation Laboratory is a multidisciplinary teaching environment for the Division and the campus community at large.
Required Documents1. Resume/Curriculum Vitae2. Cover letter3. Copy of Transcripts (Must show all coursework completed and the conferral date of the degree)
4. One Recommendation Letter
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cerritosedu/jobs/3174172/nursing-short-term-hourly-temporary
The District ensures that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. .