Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Office of Sponsored Programs
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provides administrative support to a cohort of faculty in Learning Sciences and Data Sciences for their research and other externally sponsored projects. This includes monitoring budgets and spending activity on sponsored awards and assisting with hiring of personnel, procurement of goods and services, and reporting as required. The position reports through the Office of Sponsored Programs but provides direct support to a number of faculty in the Computer Science and Social Science and Policy Studies departments.
- Provides administrative assistance associated with post-award sponsored research.
- Manages work orders and invoices for subcontractors and consultants; helps with hiring and processing payments for undergraduate and graduate students and research staff.
- Manages purchases of materials and supplies for sponsored projects.
- Assists faculty to get Professional Services Agreements in place for consultants paid from sponsored funds.
- Analyzes and evaluates pre- and post-award contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, and equipment.
- Reviews and monitors research funds against awarded budgets; reviews expenditure requests for available funding, allowability, and compliance with agency guidelines and Office of Management and Budget.
- Projects balances on sponsored awards including accounting for unencumbered expenses; ensures expenses are processed correctly against sponsored awards.
- Manages effort reporting and certification process to ensure departmental compliance; advises and assists PIs in the effort certification process as needed.
- Manages the purchases of and coordinates travel in accordance with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Reviews and collects backup documents for p-card transactions on research awards.
- Serves as liaison between the LS&T faculty, Office of Sponsored Programs, and Sponsored Programs Acccounting.
- Supports faculty in pre-award planning, development and preparation of research proposals to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of post-award reports.
- Organizes and maintains electronic proposals and grant records.
- Assists in communications with current and potential sponsors, as well as, collaborators and consultants.
- Assists faculty with the preparation and follow-up of Institutional Review Board submissions.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, have effective time-management and organizational skills; ability to deal with multiple tasks, prioritize, and follow-through.
- Ability to think critically, flexibly and analytically. Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact and discretion.
- Experience with working with the Workday system greatly preferred.
- Experience with grant accounting, grant writing, compliance, and/or reporting preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills required, as well as familiarity with data bases and/or accounting system(s).
- Ideally has knowledge of Federal Regulations for Sponsored Programs preferred (A-21, A-133, A-110, Uniform Guidance, FAR).
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Grant-Specialist_R0001030
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |