Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Client Experience and Event Support Specialist
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
With the formation of the Institute for Inclusive Leadership, Simmons has made an investment in ensuring that equity in leadership is a reality in our lifetime. The core expertise of the Institute lives in the space between what has traditionally been the domain of Diversity and Inclusion, and what has traditionally been the domain of Leadership Development. In concert with select partners, the Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership will be the global authority on the intersection of leadership, equity and inclusion - with an emphasis on gender parity in leadership.
As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
The Client Experience and Event Support Specialist will report to the Associate Director, Institute Operations and serve as the primary liaison between the Institute's clients and the Institute's project team, establishing trust and interfacing regularly with the Institute's practice area leaders, program production team, and Institute Faculty Fellows.
This is a high-visibility, client-facing role responsible for driving day-to-day internal and external action items in support of customer satisfaction and internal operations.
Coordinating deliverables with clients and their implementation teams will be a critical component of this role; effective executive communication and negotiation skills are critically important.
This position will drive successful engagements through the proactive management of customer journeys while developing partnerships with clients, ensuring their long-term engagement with the Institute.
The ideal candidate will execute their responsibilities timely and within defined policies and procedures, often working independently.
- Track project milestones and deliverables in project timelines;
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend client meetings;
- Capture key discussion points and follow-up steps to each meeting;
- Organize and deliver to client final course/program materials;
- Contribute to the development and execution of the virtual or in-person program;
- Set up run of show and pre-work for session;
- Conduct rehearsals with faculty and technology for session delivery;
- Create and coordinate client account documentation, including but not limited to reports, minutes, slides, invoices, SOW, contracts, etc.;
- Provide ongoing support to clients by collecting, interpreting, and communicating data;
- Develop data-driven action plans, as applicable;
- Attend all relevant program meetings, events, and trainings as needed;
- Manage and triage of technical support, prioritizing, and driving timely resolution through email, phone, and chat.
- Serve as primary contact to client, faculty, and participants for across Institute programming (e.g., corporate education programs, conferences);
- Create SOW/Contract for clients, ensure contract is signed and executed;
- Address registration questions and manage the troubleshooting process as needed;
- Answer participant questions;
- Administer participant's deliverables and assessments (e.g., 360 reports, collecting bios, pre-work);
- Run After Action and share evaluation survey reports with client;
- Execute key operational activities, including registration, pre-work, F&B, A/V, room sets, instructional and non-instructional materials, PowerPoint decks, offsite events, parking and busing;
- Participate in meetings with potential clients as needed.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience required;
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience in project management, operations, or
- Passion for managing details and highly organized;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Team-oriented with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to support the client;
- Proficient and fluent in GSuite, Zoom, WebEx, and other collaboration tools;
- Fluency in virtual program delivery and e-learning platforms preferred;
- Experience with event management platforms preferred;
- Proactive, positive attitude, innovative, motivated, client-oriented, and commercially-aware thinker;
- Facilitation skills, including leading client meetings;
- Demonstrated experience in implementation or client facing relationship management experience;
- Adaptability to changing priorities and job duties.
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Client-Experience-Specialist_R07226
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |