Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Media Communications Specialist 2 (7461U) 2565 - 2565
University of California, Berkeley
Media Communications Specialist 2 (7461U) 2565 - 2565
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 13, 2019
Arts+Design (A+D) is a unit within Undergraduate Education (VCUE); a division tasked with supporting the academic success of undergraduates and with coordinating with the campus community, the implementation of undergraduate Discovery. Under the leadership of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Arts and Design (AVCAD), Arts+Design seeks to elevate and fortify the work of world-class academic and presenting units at Berkeley. The Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor works to coordinate related efforts, maximize resources, and broaden the reach of these programs. The unit serves as a hub for connecting undergraduates to courses, programs and community partners focused on Creative Discovery.
The Communications Coordinator supports both Arts+Design and VCUE, and is tasked with executing a communication program for Arts+Design, creative Discovery and undergraduate Discovery in its variety of forms. The position is responsible for maintaining marketing, website, and social media platforms, etc. that promote broad campus arts and design activities, as well as for all areas of undergraduate Discovery. The position works closely with the Arts and Design team, the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education (VCUE), and collaborates with multiple campus partners. The position reports to the Asst. Vice Chancellor/ Chief of Staff of Undergraduate Education.
- Manages the maintenance and upkeep of digital platforms and tools such as the A+D, VCUE and discovery.berkeley.edu websites, and the Arts Passport. Works with technical contractors to push required maintenance programs such as security and accessibility procedures. Monitors, audits and reports on monthly analytics, inventory, and success.
- Coordinates and executes digital platform schedules and campaigns as directed by the AVCAD and Asst.VC/CoS. Manages student worker participation and coordination of assets and strategy. Oversees, manages and maintains platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Mailchimp, BuzzSprout, Drupal, Slack, Campus Calendar, and campus collaboration.
- Manages all printing and production timelines as they relate to collateral produced for scheduled events such as GBO, Cal Day, Caltopia, and Arts+Design Mondays and Thursdays.
- Collaborates with VCUE team on the production of Major Maps.
- Assists in ongoing partnerships with institutions related to the Arts Passport program. Including assisting with purchasing tickets and maintaining ongoing relationships.
- Prepares communication materials for programmatic marketing events related to A+D, affiliated units, and for Discovery, such as staging a communications presence at events that include setting up branded collateral.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively manage/supervise professional technical staff, including design concepts, various media and mediums, applications, et cetera.
- Strong knowledge of the campus, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices and infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, issues in higher education, and/or specialized subject matter.
- Solid management skills to select, train, evaluate, lead, direct, guide and motivate subordinate staff to produce high quality work; skill to take corrective action as required.
- Solid skills to create, develop and implement comprehensive long and short term strategic communications plans.
- Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, project management and problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
- Strong skills to ensure production of high quality work within budget and time constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
The annual salary range of the position is $60,000.00 - $75,000.00, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2565&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |