The UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center (KFAC) conducts evidence-based direct services, research, and training to positively impact individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, their families, and the community.
This position provides direct services to clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) at the UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center (KFAC) under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). The Behavior Technician is responsible for collecting data, conducting assessments, implementing skill acquisition and behavior reduction procedures, and documenting and reporting outcomes. This position is also responsible for assisting in the ongoing supervision of part-time Behavior Technicians and working with Senior Behavior Technicians and Behavior Analyst to provide training to new KFAC employees.
High school diploma/GED equivalent and one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities, a basic understanding of behavior analytic principles and procedures, and knowledge of evidence-based practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of autism spectrum disorders and evidence-based practices.
- Ability to work with clients with autism spectrum disorders.
- Ability to be patient, flexible, versatile and cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Active Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential