Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain program, course, and learning analytics visualizations.
- Provide direct analytics and assessment support for the CATT teams and VPAA departments.
- Consult on and respond to requests for survey and data projects related to teaching and learning.
- Provide assessment facilitation as a liaison to academic units.
- Support the Learning Management System transition, and support the use of LMS back-end data to provide reports regarding student progress.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Office of Curriculum, Assessment, and Teaching Transformation serves a diverse constituency of faculty and staff, and our employees, services and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
The Office of Curriculum, Assessment, and Teaching Transformation (CATT
) at the University at Buffalo promotes educational excellence through support of instructional and learning environments design; assessment of program and teaching effectiveness; and dissemination of evidence-based instructional strategies. Each office within the department supports the mission of educational excellence. Educational Effectiveness & Learning Analytics (EELA
) supports program improvements through the program assessment and review process and through student evaluations of teaching. The Teaching Transformation team supports the effective design of courses and curricula through evidence-based approaches. The office of Learning Environments and Spaces works to establish in-person and virtual learning environments that promote effective teaching and learning. For more information, please visit the CATT website.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of experience in educational assessment, data analytics, and/or related field and competencies in the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to work independently at times and collaborate with others on a data-informed decision-making team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications required including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceedingly well organized and possess high attention to detail and display accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess and display a high-level of customer service to all constituents and exceptional interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) with a highly developed degree of tact and diplomacy exhibiting understanding, appreciation, and respect for all individuals in a diverse environment.
- Master’s degree with at least five (5) years of related higher education experience.
- Experience with the University at Buffalo InfoSource, SIRI, and HUB.
- Proficiency with Tableau (or similar data visualization software) and SPSS (or similar data analysis software).
- Leadership ability relative to assessment consultation and facilitation in a higher education setting