Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation for Intramurals and Facilities
Stevens Institute of Technology
Job Title: The Assistant Director of Campus Recreation for Intramurals and Facilities
*Salary Range: * Commensurate with experience
Department: Athletic Department
Reports to: Director of Campus Recreation
The Assistant Director of Campus Recreation for Intramurals and Facilities reports directly to the Director of Campus Recreation in the Athletic Department. The purpose of this position is to manage the intramural sports programs, special events, and evening supervision of facilities at Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, and assess intramural team sports, individual sports, and special events.
- Create and update intramural sport web pages.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for the intramural sport program.
- Actively collaborate with the Office of Residence Life to market a wide variety of intramural and special event programming.
- Update and maintain social media accounts for the Office of Campus Recreation.
- Enforce, evaluate, and revise policies, procedures, rules, and regulations for all intramural sports.
- Develop administrative forms, promotional flyers, assessment/surveys, training manuals, and presentations for intramural sports.
- Submit weekly progress reports and updates to the Director of Campus Recreation.
- Create and implement new special events based on feedback from students and the Stevens community and current market trends.
- Partner with other departments to develop co-sponsored events.
- Maintain a log of intramural events to include participants, scores, sportsmanship evaluations and means of marketing for future assessments.
- Utilize the Mindbody app for student and team registration for all intramural and special events.
Staff & Student Development
- Hire, train, develop, schedule, supervise, and evaluate federal work study student supervisors, officials, and scorekeepers to staff a comprehensive and professional intramural program.
- Develop high level officials’ training utilizing innovative technological programs, videos, training manuals, tests and staying current with industry officiating standards (NIRSA – Leaders in Collegiate Recreation).
- Lead bi-weekly training sessions for student referees.
- Supervise and approve payroll for all student employees through Workday.
Facilities & Risk Management
- Coordinate proactive risk management practices for all indoor and outdoor intramural sport offerings and communicate to staff necessary emergency action plans and incident/injury response protocols.
- Oversee the registration of students in Mindbody to include approving and updated shared documents to provide access to Stevens facilities.
- Maintain informal recreation equipment through keeping an inventory of current equipment, replacing damaged items, and ordering equipment as needed.
- Create an environment that promotes and facilitates student learning and development.
- Provide superior customer service to all campus recreation patrons.
- Participate in the student development program including new employee orientation, the annual employee training program, and ongoing training sessions.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
- Assist with planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating on-going departmental special events.
- Participate in other Department initiatives, programs, and committees as required.
- Assist in the overall operation of the department by providing input and completing assigned projects, annual goals and objectives, and annual reports.
- Master’s Degree is preferred in Recreation, Student Personnel, Sports Management, or related field and two years of professional experience.
- 3 years professional experience in collegiate intramural sports programming.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Box, and Mindbody
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Prior experience supervising staff and conducting training sessions.
- Evening and weekend hours are required to direct and implement services and participate in campus activities.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- Membership in National Intramural Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) or willing to obtain.
- Registry of Collegiate Recreational Professionals (RCRP) or Certified Recreational Sports Specialist (CRSS)
- American Red Cross CPR/ First Aid/AED certification required; instructor certification preferred.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |