Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Research Grant Coordinator, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Exciting opportunity for a Research Grant Coordinator in the UB School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
(SPPS). This position will be a key part of the infrastructure for external grants and other sponsored research activities in the SPPS. The Research Grant Coordinator will work as a member of the Research Administration Team in SPPS and will serve as liaison between the SPPS faculty, Sponsored Projects Services (SPS), internal and external stakeholders. The Research Coordinator will be an active member of research teams and will provide administrative support to pre and post award activities of the school’s faculty. This position is entry level and affords exposure to a broad range of research administration activities providing excellent opportunity for career growth.
Highlights of position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide pre award support to SPPS faculty and staff with grant and/or subcontract proposals, which may include:
- Provide direct project management for faculty research grant submissions, acting as a liaison between faculty, SPPS Research Administration Team, Sponsored Projects Services, and other universities and organizations
- Assist with the development of budgets and budget justifications which include reviewing the budget for inconsistencies, ensuring accuracy with budgets, obtaining SPS review and approval.
- Assist in the development of non-technical documents including review, editing, and completion of various federal and non-federal packages.
- Assist principal investigators with CLICK and Grants.gov application submissions.
Provide post award support to SPPS faculty and staff with grants and/or subcontracts, including detailed reconciliation of assigned project budget:
- Perform principal investigators (PI) account reconciliations and assist in the management of budget, forecasting, personnel allocation, and carryover determination in coordination with SPS and sponsor guidelines.
- Monitor end dates for grants and track PI effort.
- Coordinate with principal investigators to ensure compliance with grant guidelines and effect changes as required.
- Monitor budget, reporting and compliance timelines through the lifecycle of the grant or contract.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |