Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Assistant IV: Student Development
University of San Francisco
Program Assistant IV: Student Development
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Students, the Program Assistant supports the student development team. The Program Assistant provides a diverse range of administrative support to professional staff, performs associated specialist duties particularly in areas related to student conduct, food pantry, health promotion, and the Associate Dean of Students. The Program Assistant determines how best to support the division's mission by independently determining customer needs and responding to those requests. The Program Assistant deals with a diverse group of external callers, visitors and internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload and to recommend changes in office practices and procedures.
As a member of the larger staff in Student Life, the Program Assistant collaborates and cooperates to create leadership and intercultural competence opportunities to support student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
Full Job Description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Student Conduct Area
- Serves as resource for interpretation of student development policies for staff and public
- Supports Student Conduct processes by scheduling meetings, updating conduct files/database, uploading student sanctions, placing holds on student records, preparing letters, booking conference rooms, etc.
- Manages calendar and schedule for the Director of Student Conduct, Rights and Responsibilities and Associate Director of Student Conduct, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Monitors and enters community standard fines.
- Prepares expense reports and purchasing orders for the Office of Student Conduct, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Maintains and checks the Student Conduct email account and responds to inquiries, concerns, or questions that come through the account
- Administers disciplinary checks for campus partners (i.e. Student Housing and Residence Life (SHaRE), the Center for Global Education, etc.), transfer students, and government agencies
- Coordinates marketing and logistics for the Office of Student Conduct, Rights, and Responsibilities' annual Integrity Week events
Associate Dean of Students Area
- Coordinates the operation of the University of San Francisco Food Pantry. This includes: developing the schedule of operation, scheduling the advisory board meetings, ordering and purchasing items for distribution.
- Manages pantry usage data utilizing Salesforce.
Health Promotion Services Area
- Assists Associate Dean of Students with front-line responses, problem solving, and triage for the Associate Dean's appointments as well as for those seeking general information and assistance.
- Receives and screens a variety of calls. Takes information, answers inquiries, provides information using knowledge of university, college, and department/program academic policies and procedures.
- Coordinates necessary response to a myriad of issues (i.e. mental health issues, sexual assaults, academic difficulties etc.) and concerns from students, staff, faculty, families, alumni, and other external constituents related to student development and success.
- Manages calendar and schedule for the Associate Dean of Students.
- Maintains ADOS filing/tracking systems.
- Prepares expense reports for ADOS.
- Manages the calendar and schedule for the Senior Director of Health Promotion Services; provides administrative and clerical support, as needed
- Administers and oversees the health insurance waiver process for international students every semester
- Serves as a back-up front desk receptionist for the HPS front desk; answer phone calls, emails, and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff member
- Provides support and coverage for UC 5th floor information desk as necessary
- Provides excellent customer service to a diverse constituency
- Assists with resolutions for parents, students, staff and faculty when issues arise
- Assists with revising business processes in a more centralized capacity
- Plans and coordinates assigned projects from start to finish
- Assumes other duties as assigned
- Post high school education preferred.
- Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to independently analyze, recommend and implement new/changes to procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with current technology required.
- Must be customer service and team oriented.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-IV--Student-Development_R0000912.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |