Senior Director of Extended Education
: Staff - Full-Time
UVU is seeking a Senior Director of Extended Education that will lead key strategic program and extended campus responsibility throughout the service district in a results-oriented environment. The Senior Director will drive workforce development programs, career & technical education (CTE), articulations, the development of grants, and other revenue generating efforts. The Senior Director will work with Directors to evaluate data and program outcomes related to educational pathways for students across all disciplines. The Sr. Director will be a key liaison across functional, partnering on programs and collaborating with internal/external stakeholders, engaging employers, industry, and educators in support of increasing student pathways to and through higher education; and coordinating with other departments to advance internships and apprenticeships. This leader will determine, articulate and execute/operationalize strategies and tactics to achieve student success, K-16 partnerships, regional growth, and grow UVU's prominence in the region. The ideal candidate will also able be able to work collaboratively and update leaders on emerging trends, operationalize best practices in Extended Education, and serve underrepresented populations. This experienced leader will provide guidance and training to assigned team members building a high performing team and measuring work performance. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a masters degree in a directly related field, plus four years of experience related to the Summary of Duties of the position or Bachelors degree in a directly related field, plus six years related to the Summary of Duties of the position or any combination of higher education and/or experience totaling ten years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of student learning and adult learning principles, e-learning strategies, assessment design, training experience focused on improving the skills of the regions workforce, and effective integration of appropriate technologies to engage participants.
* Knowledge of and commitment to UVUs dual mission including both a community college and university approach to increasing educational access and attainment via multiple alternative delivery opportunities, academic programming, and methods of delivery including; weekend, evening, online, and future technologies.
* Knowledge of and ability to ensure responsible allocation of human and fiscal resources.
* Building high performing teams, results-oriented culture centered on student success, care, accountability, and reaching collective and individual key measurable outcomes.
* Skilled manager able to identify opportunities and design strategy enabling the team to consistently achieve program and revenue goals while creating pathways for student and learner career readiness.
* Forging new partnerships across the region that will enable growth and expansion of existing programs; and successfully identifying revenue-generating opportunities.
* Experience with, knowledge of, and passion for career and technical education, internships, and apprenticeships.
* Identifying connections and dependencies among the program components, integrating work streams and flows, to ensure seamless program launch, execution, and alignment with divisional goals.
* Employ effective verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal skills, poise, tone, and professionalism in all interactions across the university and partners.
* Effectively represent a complex institution in a variety of public settings with confidence and integrity, and work effectively and efficiently modeling conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to develop and implement a strategic vision; collaborate across departments, schools, and colleges to champion access and success for all students.
* Demonstrated experience successfully leading and managing an academic and revenue-generating portfolio of programs, including disperse campuses.
* Demonstrated experience in effective interpersonal and intrapersonal communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to model a positive disposition, transparency, and adjusting to change.
* Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, academic leadership, student affairs leaders, and other educational pillars to move strategy forward and track results in support of divisional goals.
* Demonstrated ability to consistently engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to increase educational pathways for students, workforce development, and revenue goals.
* Ability to demonstrate authentic relationship care-taking and group facilitation techniques to ensure continued engagement by stakeholders through in-person visits, presentations, and networking.
* Ability to provide for an environment supportive of affirmative action and the achievement of the universitys affirmative action goals and policies.
* Ability to develop deep connections with the community to advance the university mission with a focus on student access and equity.
- Building Partnerships & Alliances
- Program/Project Management
- Team Builder
- Performance Management
- Practitioner of DE&I
- Multi-site Operations & Start-ups
- Workforce Development Strategies
- Revenue Generation
- Data Management
- Program Assessment
- Adult Learner Theories
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
This position is located at our UVU Lehi Campus:
2912 Executive Parkway,
Lehi, UT 84053
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$69,359 - $86,699 DOE
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is located at UVU Lehi Campus.
2912 Executive Parkway
Lehi, UT 84043
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23914
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.