Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
This is a limited term grant funded position ending October 31, 2024 and is not eligible for severance pay. This is a part-time position at 18 hours per week.
The purpose of the public health hygienist in this grant-funded position is to serve as part-time (2 or 3 days/week) clinical faculty and member of the interprofessional team of Tufts Dental Facilities, a network of Tufts dental clinics dedicated to the care of patients with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). The RDH will participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of an innovative, integrated care approach to dental treatment for individuals with IDD.
What You'll Do
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the addition of remote tele-dentistry hygiene clinical care at the TDF Clinics to address barriers and complexities of oral health care for populations with IDD, including, but not limited to, special and behavioral health needs, and complex psychosocial issues.
- Work with the Chair of Public Health and Community Service, the Director of TDF and the collaborating team to redesign the intake process at TDF
- Collaborate with a clinical social worker to implement the TRANSDC program and facilitate in-home hygiene care for up to 10 patients.
- Interact/lead a parental advisory group of up to 20 parents / caregivers to evaluate barriers and possible solutions to dental access issues for patients with IDD.
- Use tele-dentistry and work within existing dental school operations to develop ways for patients and families to reduce access to care barriers.
- Participate in project team meetings and activities, including curriculum development for predoctoral dental students and postdoctoral students.
- Develop a 2 hour lecture for dentists, presenting the integrated services that public health hygienists provide.
- Collaborate with project team members on dissemination activities including presentations at relevant dental and social work conferences and manuscript submissions for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
What We're Looking For
- BS or MS degree in Dental Hygiene, required.
- Designation as public health hygienist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Currently licensed to practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and attitudes for effective collaborative practice, interprofessional communication, and team-based care.
- Clinical teaching or precepting experience would be a plus.
Minimum $35.10, Midpoint $41.75, Maximum $48.40
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |