The Development Officer in the Office of the Vice President for University Outreach will plan, organize and implement fund-raising activities.
1. Maintains database of local, state and national corporate and individual donors with missions well suited to support Outreach programs and activities.
2. Develops and cultivates relationships with all local, state and national corporate and individual potential sponsors identified through the Outreach donor base.
3. Formulates and implements an Outreach model for soliciting financial, in-kind and material gifts through varied means of communication to include virtual meetings, in-person meetings, mail outs, social media and mass media.
4. Serves as Outreach designee to express gratitude for all contributions by letter, phone call, and/or participatingin/attending and hosting events and functions for donors.
5. Supports Community and Corporate Partnership Director in coordinating annual strategic planning for unit advancement.
6. Prepares and presents quarterly report of development activities to VP and AVP of University Outreach in collaboration with directors. Consolidates reports annually.
7. Prepares and manages budget with input provided by Director. Reviews and approves financial records, vouchers andacquisitions.
8. Develops reports, records, and programs and analyzes information necessary to plan and complete projects andassignments.
9. Supports directors in developing campaigns and/or presentation proposals related to funding priorities in order to keep topprospects informed, interested, involved and to meet development goals and objectives.
10. Assists directors in producing marketing materials to support development efforts.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
No specific discipline.
Years of Experience 2
Area of Experience
Fundraising, marketing , sales and/or public relations.
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Level I – Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 2 years experience.
Level II – Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 4 years experience. Experience must include at least 2 years at the preceding level or equivalent.
Level III – Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 6 years experience. Experience must include at least 2 years at thepreceding level or equivalent.