The Finance & Operations Assistant supports financial and administrative needs for incubation and start-up support at Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP). The position will be based at the Technology Incubator at Baird Research Park near north campus, with periodic travel to the downtown or south campus.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, motivated, efficient, outcome-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidate will have an interest and/or knowledge in entrepreneurial activities. Candidate will be able to view the "big picture" while ensuring all tasks are completed on a timely basis.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant reports to the Business Manager in BEP, which supports commercialization of UB technologies and connects industry with UB faculty for research and development support. BEP includes several programs and units with specific technology focus areas, such as the Innovation Hub (including start-up Incubators and support programming), New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (CBLS), the New York State Center of Excellence in Materials Informatics (CMI) and the Buffalo Institute for Genomics & Data Analytics (BIG).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of Business Manager, complete financial activities of incubators (all locations) and other support programs, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Under direction of Business Manager, process Incubator prospects through intake and onboarding (all locations)
- Client revocable permit preparation and renewals
- Graduating client management: report to Business Manager on clients recommended for graduation
- Client customer service & office coverage; Idea Lounge support and maintenance
- Under guidance of Business Manager: Agreement tracking and administration.
- As identified by Business Manager, communicate with facility manager and systems maintenance organizations; ensure keys, fobs, cores, and supporting data system are current and accurate
- Volunteer Appointment maintenance – ePTF entry and tracking
- IncuTrack database support & entries
- As directed by Business Manager, maintenance of facility floor plans & occupancy charts, updated monthly and communicated to team.
- tenX Co-working administration
- Support Incubator Program Manager and other team members with events and programs. May include networking opportunities.
Director, Start-up Ventures Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Sound judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Bookkeeping or accounting knowledge
- Ability to think strategically
- Knowledge or interest in entrepreneurial activities