The Administrative Assistant position will assist the JSMBS Registrar in managing and maintaining student registration, academic records, record grades, academic scheduling, degree audit, verification of attendance, NBME and USMLE verifications, credentials, satisfactory academic programs, transcript requests and coordinating requests from visiting medical students from LCME accredited medical schools and approved osteopathic schools to participate in clinical electives away in AAMC’s Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) portal.
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
* Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Jacob School of Medicine’s Academic Status Policies as well as adhering to UB’s Office of Registrar’s guidelines and policies.
* Assist the Registrar with scheduling, placement of clerkships, clinical electives and registration activities in UB’s HUB SIS while ensuring the integrity of all student records for medical students and the populations we serve.
* Oversight of AAMC’s VSLO portal. This includes updating the VSLO elective catalog and calendar annually, verifying both home students going on away rotation as well as coordinating visiting medical students from LCME accredited medical schools and osteopathic schools with our various academic departments. The tasks are not limited to receiving and processing student requests, including transcript requests and all requests related to supporting home student away elective applications and verifications.
* Assist in the preparation of reports and analysis relative to student enrollment, registration, attendance and grades in the course of performing their duties.
* Website maintenance of medical school coursebook webpages, OSAA websites, calendar, embedded forms, etc.
* Participate in all campus activities that directly interface with medical students - such as orientation, ERAS application preparation activities, Match day, graduation, etc.
* Assist with all other office tasks and projects as needed.
Our Mission is to advance health and wellness across the life span for the people of New York and the world through the education of tomorrow’s leaders in health care and biomedical sciences, innovative research and outstanding clinical care. More information can be found on our website.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.