Transfer and Tour Housing Coordinator (7376U) 27313
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 14, 2019.
Residential and Student Services Programs (RSSP) is part of the Division of Student Affairs under the direction of an Associate Vice Chancellor. RSSP provides and manages student housing, custodial and maintenance services, security/safety, capital and minor capital projects, residential education programs, self-operated dining services, campus ID card as well as early childhood & education services for students, faculty, and staff. RSSP also conducts a summer conference and year-round catering/events business and manages faculty apartments. RSSP's annual revenue exceeds $160,000,000, with a $100,000,000 operating budget, and the department employs over 2500 career, limited, contract and student employees creating a culture of care for students, guests, customers and stakeholders.
This position is part of the Housing and Facilities Services (H & FS) unit in RSSP which manages over 3 million square feet across 150 buildings, houses over 10,000 residents (including undergraduate/graduate students, faculty and staff) and generates over $120,000,000 in revenue. The unit is also responsible for the oversight of campus Recreational Sports facilities operations (centers, pools, fields, marina space, etc) adding in 300,000 square feet and a $2,800,000 budget. H & FS provides clean, safe, code compliant facilities, efficient response to concerns, a high quality experience and focus on customer service.
The position involves managing or performing the administrative services of Cal Housing Assignments. Administrative services includes activities in student services and unit outreach efforts. Develops, implements, and/or carries out processes and procedures.
- Provides guidance and student services assistance including specialized student assignments/ reasonable accommodations for Students with Disabilities or other identity-based requests. Coordinates housing assignments for Athletes, Theme program participants and single graduate student apartments. Administers facilities and space logistics, may also coordinate facility tours or maintain organizational website and social media platforms. Manages assignments, communication, and other logistics of our public-private partnerships and master lease agreements in collaboration with on-site and remote building managers and/or developers. Specializes in one or more of these primary functions or acts as back-up.
- Administers a defined operational program or activities which may include some of the following functions: occupancy management, provides clean, safe, code compliant facilities, efficient response to concerns, a high quality experience and focus on customer service.
- Assists with providing student-centered service via phone, email, and in person. Functions as a resource on student, parent, and other institutional issues, including responding to escalated customer service problems.
- Participates in the development and revision of standard operating procedures and guidelines. Under general supervision, provides analysis of moderate operational projects, develops short-term plans. Assesses and recommends changes to maintain compliance with federal and state requirements and internal policies. Conducts trends analyses and helps develop resulting recommendations.
- Gathers and analyzes financial and other resource data; prepares reports or analyses of operational activities, evaluation of current and proposed services, etc., for internal/external constituencies' review and decision-making. May purchases supplies, reconcile accounts, coordinate travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Serves on committees or work groups, representing department/unit.
- Some overtime and travel may be required for outreach, recruitment and meeting crucial deadlines.
Salary & Benefits
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Two+ years' experience in a University setting interacting with families, students, parents, faculty and staff in a front facing unit.
- Working knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, Starrez, and other computer application programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of local housing market trends.
- Ability to develop and provide public speaking presentations representing housing at university events.
- Displays attention to detail, solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Customer Service experience working with public clientele such as staff, faculty, families, students and parents.
- Successful collaboration in a team environment on day-to-day support.
- Demonstrated flexibility balancing programming and other operational challenges.
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, National Collegiate Athletic Association regulations CAA, and California rental laws/guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience working on disability accommodation plans under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Knowledge and experience working with public-private partnerships or in the private property management field.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27313&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1