The Admissions Advisor plays an integral role as a member of the School of Law’s admissions team and assists with attracting, recruiting, selecting, and matriculating a diverse incoming class. Reporting to the Vice Dean for Admissions, the Admissions Advisor will provide counseling and outreach to prospective law school applicants. The role’s broad range of administrative duties also include maximizing the effective use of the School of Law’s CRM to achieve enrollment goals and objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the overall planning and execution of recruitment, yield, and special events.
- Represent UB School of Law at local, regional, and virtual recruitment events.
- Counsel applicants and admitted students via in-person and video meetings, phone, and email.
- Evaluate, provide comments, and recommend decisions for approximately 20% of the JD applicant pool.
- Manage the New York State residency verification process for new law students.
- Utilize CRM systems to devise and administer recruitment initiatives, including Candidate Referral Service (CRS) bulk mailings, drip marketing campaigns, and other projects.
- Create documentation of existing and new processes and maintain training resources as updates are implemented.
- Supervisory responsibilities.
- Undertake special projects and responsibilities as needed by the Vice Dean for Admissions
About The University at Buffalo School of Law
Offering a JD with nine optional concentrations, three LLM degree programs, a JSD degree, and dual degree options, the University at Buffalo School of Law has the distinction of being a part of a premier research-intensive public university and is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB School of Law is the only law school in the State University of New York system, offering its 400+ students an interdisciplinary approach to legal education. The School’s clinical and advocacy programs provide students with the skills needed to practice law in the most prominent law firms and public interest settings across the nation and around the world.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 2 years of related experience in a relevant setting.
· Strong project management and organizational skills, including ability to set priorities, manage simultaneous projects, and meet deadlines.
· Familiarity with email marketing and marketing automation technology.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and travel as needed.
· Demonstrate ability to work with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and locations.
· A valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle is required or demonstrated capacity to meet the transportation requirements of the position.
· MA, JD, or other graduate degree.
· Experience in admissions for a higher education institution, particularly graduate or law student-related recruitment.
· Knowledge of UNITE and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications, and familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics.