Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts is seeking a dynamic and qualified candidate to fill an open Full-time Union Clerical Senior Secretary position in the Office of the Dean. Reporting to the Associate Director of Academic Planning, the Senior Secretary supports the Chairs and Directors of designated academic departments/programs. This is a full-time, union clerical position that in accordance with the union contract pays $24.70/hr + benefits. Benefits include healthcare, dental, and vision (all with no employee contributions), pension fund, tuition remission, flexible spending accounts, 10.5 paid holidays, 15 vacation days (accrued monthly; 17 after two years and 22 after four years), 4 floating holidays (accrued quarterly), 3 personal days (4 after three years), sick leave, and yearly general wage increases.
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
Undergraduate Program Support
- Provide secretarial support to the designated programs, and general assistance to the faculty and students in these programs
- Assist in preparation of materials for new majors/programs
- Solicit, file, and review faculty documents for format and inclusion of relevant university policies
- Input and proof data sets for schedule builders (class schedules) and gather course descriptions; enter cross-referenced courses in our database; collect and input classroom assignments
- Provide secretarial support to faculty searches as needed
- Maintain, track, and file office documents and records (e.g., senior capstone, independent study)
- Oversee all aspects of assigned activities, room scheduling, and event planning – leading up to and during some events (may require presence during some evenings and/or weekends)
- Create and post all materials promoting school events
- Maintain digital presence for designated programs
- Hire, train, and supervise work-study students
- Assist with graduation and orientation event planning as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Provides general office support including distributing mail, answering phones, facilities and IT requests, office key distribution, faculty office move support
- Maintain all office equipment and supplies
- Assist Lang’s Dean’s Office, as needed
This is a Local 1205 Clerical Unit position subject to the terms and conditions agreed to in the Union Contract between Teamsters Local 1205 and The New School.