The New York State University Police are seeking a University Police Officer 1. In this position, you will:
- respond to calls for assistance to ensure people and property are protected
- arrest violators and assist injured parties
- conduct initial investigations of incidents to gather and preserve evidence
- direct traffic and controls crowds at events
- stop persons violating the Vehicle & Traffic Law
- issue warnings, tickets and summonses
In this position, you will work under the general supervision of a University Police Officer 2. You must be able to work alone and exercise independent judgment in performing duties. This position has substantial contact with the public and other law enforcement personnel. In this role, you may direct University Police Communications & Security Specialists, Security Services Assistants or student workers.
The mission of the University at Buffalo Police Department is to provide a safe, friendly and welcoming environment for students, visitors, faculty and staff to live, learn, work and play.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.