In the role of part-time assistant coach, this person will provide support to the head coach in all aspects of administering and conducting a collegiate sports team program.
Duties and Responsibilities (in descending order of importance)
1. Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all University policies, NCAA Division III policies, and conference requirements.
- Follow established guidelines and procedures
- Abide by NCAA Division III; Great Northeast Athletic Conference, ECAC and NEWMAC athletic conference rules and regulations
2. Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in partnership with Admissions. Encourage applications from a diverse group and large geographic area.
- Execute an annual recruiting plan identifying specific outcomes to be achieved
- Maintain database of information regarding recruiting, including number of contacts, number applied, number visited, number accepted, and number enrolled
- Correspond with prospects using a variety of communication channels; including written, in person contact, phone, home visits, and official visits and texts.
- Coordinate on campus overnight visits
- Attend large showcase recruiting summer events
- Attend all Admissions events
3. Assist in executing an instructional practice and competitive game schedule based on an assessment of the student-athletes' abilities including pre and post season and traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Execute, in collaboration with the head coach, organized and objective based practices
- Enhance individual as well as team sport skills
- Utilize various coaching and motivational strategies
- Improve athletes' talents, skills, and development of leadership
4. Function as a member of the Athletic Department working together for common objectives.
- Communicate and cooperate with department staff to facilitate group purpose and mission
- Responsible for your own work
- Clearly communicate in written and verbal form
5. Stay current with the sport-specific developments in the profession
- Take responsibility for upholding University and athletic conference policies
- Support the need for process and/or technology changes and demonstrate advantages to others.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency of own work and the work of the department.
- Support the head Coach and team expectations.
6. Other duties as assigned
- Reports to the Head Coach
Sports team season schedules:
- Bachelor's degree required and/or related work experience.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- Previous coaching and playing experience required; preferably at the collegiate level
August -April (conduct pre-season, in season, off season training/competition)
September -May (Recruiting)
Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Softball-Coach_R05559
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.