Under the general direction of the Assistant Dean for Student & Academic Affairs, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the successful matriculation of new students into all of the School of Social Work degree programs (MSW, DSW, PhD).
- Develop programing to support student career readiness and career development.
- Advise students on academic requirements, school/university policies and procedures, and NY state licensure/certificate requirements.
- Support students with persisting towards graduation.
- Develop community building initiatives among online students.
The school of social work is interested in candidates who have demonstrated commitment to excellence in student services by providing leadership toward building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Master’s degree in Higher Education or related field. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, public presentation skills, and strong computer skills are essential.
2+ years experience working with undergraduate and graduate students in a college or university setting. Experience with career development and career counseling. Experience working with adult learners and/or online students. Strong knowledge of student development theory.