Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, AZ invites applications for a Laboratory Facilities manager position for the RASC.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the overall physical condition and appearance of the Robertson Aircraft Accident Investigation Laboratory (Crashlab) and the Occupational Safety/Ergonomics Laboratory (RASC-2).
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing safety lab facilities. Assist with research/creation/ logistics of aircraft accident sites to optimize learning experience.
- Research, manage and execute various lab-related projects as needed by the department.
- Assist and coordinate acquisition, transport, and installation of new scenario sites.
- Design, create, and maintain a safe experiential environment for students/visitors including erosion and weather control, foliage control, and pest control for all the sites and paths in crash-lab. Acquire and maintain equipment in support of this.
- Coordinate the laboratory tour program, including training and certification of RASC and Admissions tour guides. Provide tours for VIPs and walk-ins as practical.
- Fabricate/assist fabrication of equipment and components needed for the labs.
- Coordinate volunteer program through ISASI and ASSP.
- Assist with ERGO-Lab set up and operation of the VICON motion capture system.
- Assist in creation of VICON user’s manual and provide training for students on the use of the VICON system.
- Carry out other tasking that may arise in support of the department, labs, and mission
Qualifications The outstanding candidate will have a Master’s degree in safety or aircraft accident investigation. Candidates with familiarity or experience in aviation safety and accident investigation, industrial safety, or related fields will be given priority. Equipment operation desired, must be able operate light machinery to include backhoe and forklift. Must be able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and special tools. The ability to carry documents, tools, drawings, and electronic equipment up to 30lbs. The ability to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment, aircraft panels and parts, etc. up to 30lbs. Familiarity with VICON motion capture system, ergonomics assessments and HAZMAT procedures highly desired.
The candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team of faculty in supporting the success and growth of the graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as supporting education in related degree programs. An interest in engaging in scholarly activities that involve undergraduate students in research is ideal. Review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.