The Office of Admissions is welcoming applications for an Associate Director of IT Systems who will help lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the Technolutions Slate system for the Office of Admissions and other related systems within enrollment management. In this position, you will supervise team members and work with customers to assess functionality, process and suggest enhancements in support of enrollment management goals and initiatives. This includes ensuring that team members are achieving business objectives and delivering the highest quality services. The position requires understanding of the systems used within the offices in enrollment management, identifying and overseeing implementation of process improvements, and exploring opportunities for and supporting services beyond the initial set-up. This position requires that the successful candidate be available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 × 7 support in times of urgent need. In addition, as a member of the Enrollment Management division, the associate director may be relied upon to assist with division-wide and university-wide projects.
The Associate Director of IT Systems will lead a team of individuals that are charged with developing and maintaining the application systems for undergraduate and graduate admissions. Keeping this system current and running is instrumental in the university reaching its enrollment goals. Such duties of oversight include:
- Develop, test, maintain and document application software for the front end user
- Ensure accessibility and security within systems
- Continued exploration into new program functionality and improved processes across divisions.
- Build customized dashboards
- Daily Support for staff, students and campus partners
- Administer permissions
- Maintain data Integrity and quality assurance
- Apply appropriate triage skills to application failures and take appropriate action to maintain service availability.
- Liaison for Vendor Support
- Train users, develop and maintain training materials
- Attend large scale admissions events for technical support
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- The ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with campus partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills; experience with documenting systems and databases.
- Proficient in basic Structure Query Language and advanced experience working with at least one database
- Strong attention to detail, dependability, willingness to work under tight deadlines and willingness to learn new technologies when necessary.
- Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Willingness to learn a basic understanding of RESTful API implementations and experience writing or parsing JSON.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Higher Education and/or Management.
- Experience with CRM systems
- Experience in a university environment
- Experience with advanced, large scale systems
- Experience managing a team of individuals, a minimum of 3 to 5 years of management experience.