The Non-degree Student Admissions Coordinator at Lehman College reports to the Director, Strategic Persistence Initiatives and assists with day-to-day operations management for the Office for Special Academic Sessions while serving as the primary point of contact for all non-degree students, including visiting students.
Additional responsibilities in this position include:
- Field and respond to inquiries from new and continuing non-degree undergraduate students including visiting students.
- Facilitate the application, admission, and registration process for all non-degree students.
- Serve as a liaison between students and admissions to ensure non-degree to degree conversions are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in student retention initiatives as appropriate under the direction of the Director, Strategic Persistence Initiatives.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of Winter and Summer Session programs.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
- Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
- Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
- Represents the Admission Office to the college’s internal and external communities as directed
- Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $39,282 – $42,407; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
February 12, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.