Under the guidance of the Director of Track and Field/Cross Country, work as directed to support the high jump, horizontal jump, pole vault, and combined events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a daily and year-round training program for the designated area as well as thorough, sound and safe annual training plans.
- Recruit student-athletes that can contribute athletically to the program and also reflect the academic standards of UB. Must be able to travel.
- Interact professionally with support staff throughout the Division of Athletics (e.g., Student Services, Athletic Training, Sports Performance, Sports Information, Facilities, Business Office, etc.). Interact professionally with university faculty, staff and student body on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to travel and work nights and weekends.
- Various administrative duties will be assigned at the discretion of the Director which may include, but not limited to:
o Program fund raising
o Oversee academic progress and well-being of designated student-athletes. Monitor progress, meet regularly with student-athletes to review classwork, and meet with academic advisor.
o Communicate with the equipment room manager and Director of Track & Field/Cross Country to order shoes for the team. Work with both parties to ensure accuracy of orders.
The University at Buffalo is the largest university in the state system of New York. This flagship institution has more than 230,000 alumni world-wide and is an AAU member. Ranked 51st among all public universities in the United States, UB professional schools such as Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Business, Pharmacy and Engineering are ranked in the top 100. With an aggressive plan in UB 2020, the entire university, including the Department of Athletics has immeasurable potential. The State University of New York at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree. Coaching experience. Demonstrate successful development of athletes. Demonstrate successful recruiting. Demonstrate a commitment to compliance with NCAA, Mid-American Conference, University and depart