Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Manage administrative operations of the Office of Undergraduate Studies, supporting the Dean, Associate Dean, the Director of Academic Program Planning and Analysis, the Director of Special Academic Programs, and the Director of the Morgan Teaching and Learning Center.
Provide budget reviews and analysis for programs supported by Undergraduate Studies.
Coordinate and support assessment work that cuts across all undergraduate programs. Responsible for coordinating the student course report system and communication with schools and departments and programs.
Communicate with faculty and students and parents regarding academic programs and policies with a high degree of independence and professionalism.
- Provide budget management and analysis for all accounts managed by the office of Undergraduate Studies. Verify charges against budgets managed by the office and verify all expenditures that require approval of the Dean, the Associate Dean, the Director of the Morgan Center, and the Director of Academic Program Planning and Analysis.
- Support planning and implementation of academic program assessment related to university and program accreditation. Examples include the student course report system, student and faculty surveys for IQP and MQP learning outcomes. Ensure the quality, integrity, and confidentiality of the processes.
- Support the Director of Special Programs in management of appointments for instructors and project advisors in the summer academic programs.
- Maintain and update information on the Undergraduate Studies website. Responsible for creating the Dean's List and the list of Charles O. Thompson Scholars, including mailings to parents, announcements through Marketing and Communications, and the posting of awards WPI website.
- Facilitate communications for both the Dean of Undergraduate Studies and the Associate Dean with students, parents, faculty, deans, department heads, staff, administration and external vendors.
- Assist with confidential processing of personnel paperwork; help manage the hiring process including posting, interviewing and hiring process for faculty and staff searches that fall under the Dean's purview.
- Provide a wide variety of administrative support for the Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Associate Dean, the Director of the Morgan Center, and the Director of Academic Program Planning and Analysis, to include, but not limited to: campus events, travel arrangements, general office inquiries, prepare documents, calendar management, and maintenance of the office records.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or associates degree with 5 to 7 years experience with proven track record of exceptional performance with increased responsibilities. Additional experience in lieu of the required degree will be considered.
- Possess exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently as well in collaboration with staff from across campus and in the Provost's Office to support operations in Undergraduate Studies.
- Working knowledge of all applications within Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and use new software systems (especially Workday).
- Exceptional telephone etiquette, with ability to speak with parents, students, faculty, staff and to refer calls to other offices as necessary.
- Ability to work well under time-pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple long-range tasks.
- Physical requirements are within the normal range of an office environment, but may include occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 10 pounds.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Operations-Manager_R0000321
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |